So this time next week, I’ll be in Orlando – yahoo!! It will be our first vacation as a family of four! This will horrify any die-hard Disney lovers out there, but I honestly didn’t seek this vacation out as “Disney Trip”. Basically it just fit our criteria for this trip – a lot of sun & a little bit of driving. We also got a great deal on the resort. It’s going to cost more for us to enter the gates of a Disney Park for one day than it will to stay an entire week at our resort!! With that said, I only have intentions of going to one park – “boo, hiss” I know!!
I could spend forever & a day doing research on the best (and cheapest) things to do in Orlando, but I also figured you might want to help. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Disney & I’ve never been thinking about two little ones in tow. So here are some questions – chime in when you can!
1. I have a 3yo & an 8mo that have never been to Disney – if we only go to one park, which should it be? The Magic Kingdom – right??
2. What’s the deal with the “Baby / Rider Swap“? Do you all wait in line & then when you get to the front you tell them you want to swap?
3. What’s the second best park that we shouldn’t miss if we decide to visit two?
4. Should I bring my own stroller or use their swap program?
5. Any restaurant outside of Disney that we MUST eat at?
6. What restaurants inside Disney should we not miss?
7. I do remember Downtown Disney from my last trip & plan to visit there again just since it’s free & has some good shops. Any other “freebie but fun” type places in town you recommend?
8. My 8mo isn’t as good of a rider as her brother was when he was little, plus it’s just harder with two. Any tips for an 8-hour trip?
9. I’ve been all over the Disney Mom’s Panel & other Disney sites for hints & tips, but what is your favorite? (And if it’s a plug for your own blog, that’s fine by me … plug away!!)
10. What’s your best Disney Tip ever – about anything?
Thanks in advance!!
For more Top Ten Tuesday Lists or to link up to your own, visit ohAmanda.com.
So earlier in the summer my friend Cindy told us about the pain & struggles of using luggage without wheels … basically all the reasons that luggage on wheels is such a beautiful thing! But to my little guy, luggage on wheels is just the cool thing to do. Here’s a visual for you:
Tuesday, the first day of the little guy’s MMO/Preschool thingy (I’m not sure what to call it still), he asked where his wheels were … what kind of a question is that – I wasn’t sure & I didn’t get it. Then today after I pick him up he’s carrying his cool lunch box & slowly walking behind me. I turn around to tell him to speed up a little but instead I start laughing out loud … he is hunched over DRAGGING his lunch box on the ground. He wanted wheels!!! I told him through my laughter that he didn’t have wheels & of course he wanted to know why not! It may not be funny to you, but it made me laugh so hard … how observant! He saw older boys & girls wheeling their bags around so he wanted to know where his were.
His cool lunch box probably has tears in the bottom b/c he wanted to ‘roll’ it out all the way to the car:) I wish so bad I had my camera!!!