So maybe this post should more appropriately be titled “Happy New Post”! I know, I know it’s been a little while – in this case “a little while” may also be defined as nearly 4 months! But one, I don’t think I’ve had anything interesting to say & two even if I have I don’t think I’ve had the time to say it. And so I must also go ahead & apologize because this post will likely be no different … not much to say that is!
So let’s see if I can recap a little:
1. In case you were wondering, the little guy did get some “luggage on wheels“. He’s so proud to wheel that thing into school every morning.
2. Football season is coming to a close – definitely NOT a good year for the Falcons. The Dawgs did pretty good though with some fun wins and are playing in the Sugar Bowl tonight.
3. My New Favorite Product broke when the little guy decided to pull it from the shelf onto the tile floor, but I still love it!
4. My weekend project took a better turn when the “after” finally grew on Pep.
5. To work. That was the answer. I ended up going back to work & I’m still there. It was originally supposed to be a 3 month contract, but I can’t really complain since I work from home most of the time … so for now it’s a good fit still.
In more current news:
We had a great Thanksgiving, a fun Christmas & a rockin’ New Year’s Eve Party (not really so much on that last part, but we did watch Dick Clark’s Rockin’ Party). It was mellow, but nice. Check out Staci’s blog for all the details (I’m sure she’ll post soon).
So, here’s to 2008! Check back sometime before May and I’m sure I’ll have at least one more post for you to enjoy:)
Granted, it’s only pre-season but does that really matter to most men around the country!?! The title of this post may appear that I’m excited about football season beginning … and I’m not upset, but excited is probably a little strong. I would say ‘impartial’. The things I love most about the start of football season having absolutely nothing to do with football – it’s simply that fall is just around the corner! Leaves changing colors & then falling, the crispness in the air … since temps have been 100+ here in the ATL recently, fall being just around the corner is a beautiful thing!!!
Now don’t get me wrong, I also love to watch a good game of football, but between college & pro our TV will be consumed by football between now & the SuperBowl. I think the main difference between me & a true football watcher (ok ‘main’ is definitely strong …. probably more like ‘one’ difference) that I watch to either pull for my team (Go Falcons … Go Dawgs) or pull for a ‘good story’ (I’m a sucker for good Bob Costas type stories)! If it’s not my team, a playoff game, or a good story then I’m fine with some old mediocre television show or just “browsing” the web!
My other favorite thing about football … is the food!!! It means I can officially start making chili – yum, yum. I’m too tired to put forth the effort of posting my favorite chili recipe tonight, so I’ll leave that as a teaser for tomorrow’s post (I know all five of my readers will come back for that tomorrow … scratch that & make it four since one isn’t a fan of meat:)!