I’m not really a big resolution kind of gal, but this year I’m actually feeling “it” (resolutions that is)! I think it’s because I feel a little out of balance and out of sorts in several areas of my life. So more than just resolutions to make & break, I have a few goals to hopefully improve my life and the life of my family.
So my apologies in advance that the last post of 2009 and the first post of 2010 are more for myself than you, but really – isn’t that all I do on this blog anyways?!
Personal Goals (for me):
- Lose 18 lbs. – I got a good start on my weight loss goal last year. In 2009, I wanted to lose 42 lbs. I had hoped to come in on the last day of 2009 with a 29 lb loss, but the holidays got to me and I totally slacked so I gained a few lbs back and came in with a total loss of 24 lbs. I’ll continue with Joy’s LIFE Diet (more on that later) and kick up my exercise!
- Run – This is totally NOT me. I actually can’t even believe I’m saying this. I don’t like running. In school I enjoyed relay races (you know the one where you pass the Paton to the next runner?), but long distance was totally NOT in my vocabulary. I’m not even ready to say my goal is to run a 5k yet, I just want to be able to run in the neighborhood without stopping after 2 mins. I want to be able to run for exercise.
- Find a Balance – I spend too much time online. But it’s my hobby. It’s also my source of information, the way I pay my bills, communicate with friends, get some awesome deals (totally scored through Twitter & FB Fan Sites this year!!) & work on outside commitments. But it’s also a trap for me!! I get online with the intention of paying the bills and then three hours later I’m still paying. And it’s not because Bank of America is that slow!! It’s because I get that distracted. I need to find a balance.
- Bible Reading – I’ve neglected this pretty badly the last several years. I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve re-learned a second “story” from the Jesus Storybook Bible that I’m reading with Evan. I need to spend daily devotion with Him again!!
Personal Goals (for my family):
- Get Organized – I used to be organized and pretty much on top of things. But that’s when I was taking care of only myself and Pepper. Now I lose someone’s shoes EVERY day, can’t find checks that people give me, and still haven’t filled in page one of Megan’s baby book!! I’m horribly UNorganized right now & I absolutely HATE that feeling!! I need systems and I need to de-clutter!
- Better Eating – Yes, I followed a plan and a diet to lose the weight I did last year, but the basics of it is eating clean, unprocessed, real food. Fresh fruits, veggies, lean chicken/meats and fish. Nothing really came from a box except the occasional whole wheat pasta. I want to continue that & improve upon it for the whole family.
- Activities for Kids – Evan is in school a half-day for three days out of the week. I need to be better at planning activities though when he’s home. It’s better for all of us … too much free time drives everyone a little crazy!!! I want a planned schedule (within reason) of crafts, snacks, play time, and fun stuff.
- Lower Expenses, Increases Savings – I’m trying to master (ok, that’s probably strong … how about “understand”) couponing more than I do now. I did alot better this year, but my goal this year is to consistently save 30%+ at each trip to the grocery store. Sites like MommmySnacks, Keeping The Kingdom First, Money Saving Mom and Coupon Mom have all been my go-to sites this past year. I’m also starting to get really excited about Swagbucks and Ebates Accounts. If you don’t use either of them … you should definitely look into it!!! I didn’t have enough points to bother cashing them in this Christmas, but my goal is to “buy” gifts throughout the year and next Christmas with these accounts!!
- I actually have several goals for my blog this year. One of those will be happening next month, when I go to Blissdom 10. I’m really excited to meet a lot of “real” bloggers and Twitter friends there. I’m also excited to be going with my IRL friends ohAmanda, TheVioletFig and Simply Staci. But more on my Blogging Goals later. I’ll be linking up to Savvy Blogging Carnival on Monday.
So, those are my goals. Now the real question … how am I going to get there?? Honestly, I’m still working on that. If I knew exactly how to eat better, stay organized, run, and plan activities I’d probably be doing all that already!! So the truth is I’m not sure. I’m working on some things and I’ll post more as I go.
Do you have any awesome suggestions for me?
What are your goals for 2010?