I was reading over at The Vanderbilt Wife today and she did a great re-cap of her life this past decade. I thought it was a great way to think about the last 10 years and highlight some of the major events in my life. Also a way to remember it for many years to come. So I apologize in advance if this is super boring, just know I’m filing this one away for my personal memory bank!
In 1999 I was celebrating New Year’s Eve with my brand new husband on the beach in Destin FL. We were with some friends & it was a great way to ring in the new decade because we got to celebrate the countdown twice – once for “Georgia Time” and once for “Florida Time”! That way if the world came to an end when Y2K hit in Georgia, we had at least an hour to prepare – ha!!
- Working at my church as an Assistant to the Children’s Ministry Pastor and the Pre-School Pastor.
- Attending school Full-Time.
- Celebrated my Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary!
- Graduated from school with a Business Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing.
- Took my first post-degree job for a company that I can’t even remember the name of (I didn’t stay very long because they were scum-bags … literally!!).
- Accepted a job with a now-defunct division of LandAmerica OneStop. This had nothing to do with my degree, but only to do with a paycheck! I will however, always remember that job as the place I was when I heard of 9/11.
- Visited the Bahamas for a summer vacation.
- Purchased our first car as a married couple – a Toyota 4Runner … which I still drive today!
- Began my career with Alucid Solution – a user interface company in Atlanta, finally getting to put my degree back to use!
- Visited some dear friends in California & got to see parts of LA, San Diego & Beverly Hills for the first time.
- Pepper and I both lost a grandparent this year.
2003 – this year is marked heavily with good & bad.
- Closed on the house that we still live in today.
- We lost Pepper’s 18-year old brother to a car accident.
- Pepper quit his job in the Life Insurance Business because life was short and he didn’t want to sell something he didn’t believe in anymore! (side note: He believes in life insurance – it’s important & we have it!! But he didn’t believe in how the company sold it … not looking out for the customer but only selling what gave the biggest commission!!).
- Vacationed with my family on an Hawaiian Cruise!!
- Became an Aunt when Pepper’s sister had her first child.
- Purchased our first of four “flipper houses”.
- Began traveling for work a fair bit … DC, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, and Los Angeles several more times.
- Vacationed at El Dorado Royale in Mexico for our 5-year Anniversary
- Visited the lovely state of North Dakota with some dear friends ~ a real life ranch experience that I never dreamed I’d ever have!!!
- Found out I was pregnant with Evan in November of 2004 …
- Finally announced to friends & family that we were expecting in February of 2005 (yes – we waited for 2.5 months … it was our little secret only!!) I waited an entire month before even telling Pepper!!
- Water broke just as Pepper was dealing out the poker chips of his last ‘free-man’ weekend party!!
- Delivered a healthy baby boy 8 days early weighing in at 8lbs 6 oz.
- Visited the Neurosurgeon with Evan for the most scared moments of my short life as a mommy … all was well though!!
Oh my gosh, we’re only half way there!!!
- Stopped working at Alucid Solution to stay at home full-time with Evan.
- Vacationed in Orlando with my family.
- Celebrated Evan’s 1st Birthday with a Luau-Themed Party for our families.
- Helped my sister-in-law open an All Natural Skincare Clinic.
- Celebrated Pepper’s 30th birthday in Las Vegas ~ a first time trip for both of us!
- Wrote my very first blog post!
- Began working part-time with my sister-in-law & went back to work part-time for Alucid Solution.
- Started Evan in a Mother’s Morning Out Program two days a week.
- Found out I was pregnant with Megan in November of 2007 …
- Finally announced to friends in family that we were expecting again in January of 2008 (yes – we still waited … but we told everyone a whole month sooner this time!!!).
- Finished my part-time work with Alucid Solution.
- Delivered a healthy baby girl 2 weeks early after having to stop & get gas (while having serious contractions) and having to wait in the waiting room for a room to open!!!
- Celebrated our 9th Wedding Anniversary over hospital food since Megan chose to come into this world on our Anniversary!!
- Celebrated my 30th Birthday!!
- Tried to adjust to life with two … whoa!!
- Marked the 10th Anniversary of loosing my Aunt.
- Vacationed in Disney World … just the “four” of us!
- Vacationed in Panama City with my family & friends.
- My parents sold our childhood home.
- Celebrated Evan’s 4th Birthday with a Dinosaur Extravaganza
- Celebrated Megan’s 1st Birthday with a “B” is for Birthday Party
- Celebrated 10 Years of Marriage to my wonderful husband.
- Celebrated my Grandfather’s 80th Birthday!!
WoW – if you made it to the end of this you should entered in a giveaway or something!!! But sorry, I don’t have anything! Thanks for letting me remember though!! Did you do a decade recap post? If you did be sure to leave your link … I owe you the courtesy of reading it all:)
Happy New Year!!!