The RANDOM Edition. As in, the MOST TOTALLY RANDOM Edition possible!!
1. I was born exactly 9months after Valentines Day in 1978 – hmmm ….
2. As a toddler, I walked into the beach backwards.
3. My first real memory(you know the kind without pictures) is at the age of Kindergarten – I remember shutting myself in the closet of our bedrooom. My mom was threatening to tell my teacher (Mrs. Bryan) that I wasn’t as good as she thought I was – apparently I was in trouble alot after coming home from school – ha!
4. I got glasses for the first time during my 4th grade year – with Mrs. Pryor. She always asked me to read to the class when she stepped out. I guess that means I was a good student … but why do teachers do that? Don’t they know the poor student doesn’t want to “tell” on anyone when she comes back!!
5. I lost a pair of glasses once when they flew off my face during a hayride with our church youth group. They were ran over & crushed. I was crushed in fear of telling my parents they’d have to buy me another pair of glasses!
6. I got braces during middle school – yes, I was the lucky one … glasses & braces at the same time!
7. I broke another pair of glasses while playing basketball in the 8th grade. The ball hit me square in the faces & those silly things busted right at the nose!!
8. I got my first ticket the summer before my senior year of high school. It wasn’t for speeding, but rather for pulling out & hitting someone – rats!
9. I came close to a 2nd ticket in 2000, but the officer wished me happy birthday, asked me to slow down & sent me on my way … Thank you Lord for birthdays & nice policemen.
10. I had Lasik eye surgery in 2004 & finally put an end to my glasses saga. Absolutely the BEST invention – E.V.E.R!!!!
So, how’s that for random?!
For some more (and hopefully more exciting) Top Ten Tuesday Posts or to link up to your own, visit ohAmanda.com.