So many good & fun things come from the pumpkin!! Which makes this time of year just wonderful!!
Top Ten things Pumpkins are Good For (in my humble opinion anyways):
1. Painting Them – Last month I had some of the Sisterchicks over and their kiddos for a little Pumpkin Painting Party. Our’s didn’t turn out near as cute as this, but it was messy & loud so that usually means also alot of fun!
2. Carving Them – We didn’t carve one this year but it’s amazing to me what some people can do with a pumpkin & a knife!
3. Watching Them – Why “The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” of course.
4. Roasting the Seeds & Eating Them – Yummy!
5. Using them in Recipes – Muffins, Brownies, Bars, Cookies you name it! Amy at The Finer Things in Life put together any AWESOME list of 100 recipes … if you’re still in the pumpkin mood like I am, you should definitely check it out!!!
6. Baking Them – I made my first homemade “from a real pumpkin” pumpkin pie this year!! And it was all eaten up so either my friends were really nice or they actually liked it!! For the recipe that I used, visit “Getting Freedom“.
7. Growing Them – 1725 Pound GIANT Pumpkin … is that possible without Photoshop?!?!
8. Taking Pictures with Them – We do it every year … do you?!?!
But I totally forgot to get the pumpkin in it this year!!! How could I do that?!?! Because it took too much energy & too many people to get one picture with two kids … forget the silly pumpkin!
9. Drinking Them – Have you had your Pumpkin Spice Latte yet?!? I don’t like Latte’s but I know I’m in the minority!
10. Playing with Them – I have several small ones throughout the family room. Evan’s convinced they are there for him to pick up, roll around, & throw around!!
For more Top Ten Tuesday or to link up to your own, visit ohAmanda.com.