Over a couple occasions this weekend, I had to remind my husband that “i just don’t do that”. So then I started thinking of all the things I just don’t do & then a post was created! Dull & boring – maybe. But it’s the day after a long Memorial Weekend & I’m not worth much more! To top it all off, I’m putting it in the form of list – SO, in no particular order here are the Top Ten Things I Just Don’t Do!
1. Clip the Kids’ Nails – from day one, this has just been one of those non-spoken “daddy things”. He didn’t mind it, the kids (and me) got used to him doing it, so we’ve just continued. There’s plenty of “mommy things”, so I don’t feel bad to say that “I’ve never once clipped their nails”.
2. Make Coffee – I don’t do it for my husband, never did it for my bosses & offering to make coffee to company in our home won’t even cross my mind!! Probably because …
3. I just don’t Drink Coffee – never have & at this point never will. I hate to say “never”, but at this point I seriously doubt I’ll wake up one morning with Folgers in my cup!
4. Hang Pictures – Ok, on this one you may say I’m being a brat. I mean honestly, everyone should be able to hang pictures – right? I agree, but I think you need someone to tell you if you’re center & at the right height- I prefer to be that person!
5. Cook on Pampered Chef cookie sheets – I know, I know. Most everyone agrees that they’re the best, but I hate feeling like they’re always dirty!!
6. Plant Flowers – I’m too insecure! I know nothing – absolutely nothing – about plants. I’d love to make a cute little outdoor potted plant arrangement like my neighbors, but I honestly don’t even know where to start!! Is dirt different from soil?!?!
7. Use Drive Through Car Washes – This all goes back to when I was 16. I tried to take my new cute little Honda Accord through the Drive-Through Wash one afternoon, but I was too far right. I scraped the wheel up pretty good. It shot my confidence on being able to drive through those things. About 4 years later I decided to give it another shot. This time, I made it through but the light went from “drive up more” to “thank you”. Apparently, I didn’t stop right on cue! I drove in & out without ever getting it washed!!!
8. Change Light Bulbs – Again, another “bratty” thing I’m sure. But in our house, the covers are a pain to take off. So we normally end up waiting until a couple are out (since they all seem to go at the same time anyways!) and then I make a list for my husband to go around!!
9. Clean Hair out of my Brush – Don’t ask. I have a true phobia of hair (once it’s off the head). It makes me gag. Seriously!
10. Clap to Music – I have absolutely no rhythm. None. What so ever. For the life of me I cannot clap on beat, so I just don’t clap to music. Sometimes the music moves me at church & I want to, but I don’t want to embarrass my husband too much!!!
So – what don’t you do??
For more Top Ten Tuesday Lists or to link up to one of your own, visit ohAmanda.com.