Now that Spring Break is over, I’m in full vacation mode! We’re taking our first “family of four” trip in June & I’m trying to weigh what’s on the agenda & what’s out. I love vacations!! And planning one makes me think about the places we’ve already been & other places that I really want to go. Now granted, I haven’t traveled the world, by any means but I’ve been to some pretty cool places!
1. Jamaica – We went here for our Honeymoon & stayed at a Sandals All-Inclusive Resort. Absolutely Wonderful!!! We loved Jamaica, loved Sandals & was of course in love … so it was perfect!
2. Bahamas – I’ve been here twice. Once on a cruise with my Sisterchicks & once just on a vacation with my husband. The cruise was MUCH better than the trip on the island. The Bahamas is actually not my favorite place. It’s pretty, yes. But I think the island itself is ridiculously over-priced & the people just weren’t that friendly! I’m not going to hold that one against the island though. I choose to believe it was just a couple of unhappy employees at our resort!
3. Hawaii – Absolutely wonderful!!! My parents took our entire family on a cruise of the Islands about six years ago. It was a really cool way to see a little bit of each island & know which ones I’d like to go back to & visit more. Oahu, Kaui & Maui were my favorites – I know I’m probably spelling all of those wrong. We also stayed in Honolulu for two nights, which was alot of fun.
4. Mexico – well I’m glad we went there before now because things aren’t looking too good there these days! We went to Puerto Vallerta & stayed at another all-inclusive for our five year anniversary.
5. Colorado – We’ve taken two skiing trips here. One we were the complete tourists. We stayed in Steamboat Springs & woke up just in time to hit the slopes & stayed on them all day & all night. The second trip we went to Denver & stayed with some of Pepper’s really good friends. That was a really fun trip because we got alot of skiing in but our friends took us around town, hiking & just got to see Colorado from the “locals’ perspective.
6. California – It’s fun having friends in cool cities … and I say, take advantage of it!! We have some really good friends in San Diego – very fun, and some more in Carlsbad … super cool city. We went to both in November of 2002 over my birthday. We stayed with our friends most of the time, but one night we stayed in Beverly Hills at the Avalon – it was just on “The Hills” last week … boy did I feel cool!!
7. North Dakota – Now Lord knows I would have never thought I’d be going to North Dakota, but some great friends of ours’ father owns a ranch up there. YES – a whole entire ranch!! Pep got to brand a cow, I went on a prairie dog hunt, we rode 4-wheelers, ate biscuits & gravy & slept in tiny little cabins. Everything about that trip was so unique – the tiny (and that’s probably an exageration) airport that you fly into, the amount of time (and I do mean ALOT) it took to get from the mailbox to the front door, going “into town”, the beauty, etc. … very fun trip!
8. Sunnyside, FL – this was an annual trip growing up. We always went with my family & another family. As we grew older, we’d bring friends, new families, etc. We’d sleep in a 3 bedroom condo & have at least a dozen people in there … but most of the time we were pushing 20 or more!! It was definitely NOT the Ritz, but it did have the BEST memories!!!
9. First Family of 4 Trip – This year we’re going to Orlando. We’re not doing a full-on Disney Trip – that’s crazy to some of you, I know!!! Especially since we’re going to Orlando. But honestly, I just got an awesome deal on the resort, we have a friend in town that we haven’t seen in about a year, it’s within driving distance, and we’ll hit a park while we’re there. I’m looking forward to it!!
10. Our Ten Year Anniversary Trip – this is coming up in August. We’re still narrowing the search, but as of right now we’re looking at the Dominican Republic. There’s a new resort called the Moon Palace that just opened in January – all inclusive, casino, golf, spa, etc. It looks absolutely WONDERFUL!! We’ll make a final decision soon & go for it. I know the economy is really stinky right now, but it’s 10 years!!! Stinky economy or not, we’re takin’ a stinkin’ awesome vacation!!
What about you? What are some of your best vacation location memories?!? For more Top Ten Lists or to Link to one of your own, visit ohAmanda.com.