We’ll I’m still recovering from my “weekend mishap“. But I’ve learned a few things about what to do when you hurt your back. I didn’t learn my lesson the first time this happened (I was about 5 mths pregnant with Evan at the time), but maybe I’ll pick up on the clues after this go around!
1. If your back starts to hurt & progressively gets worse quickly … don’t try to lift a heavy box off the ground.
2. Ice it! Although the thought of a nice warm heating pad sure does sound good & will most certainly feel better at that particular moment, ice is your friend! If you have an inflammed nerve or something the heat will only make it worse! Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with ice!
3. Let your parents keep the children for the night! Thanks Gami & Papa!
4. Go ahead and have a small cup of your favorite ice-cream, even if it’s not on your diet … it just might make you feel better!! By the way, mine was Mint Chocolate Chip – the green kind from Mayfield!
5. Go to the Chiropractor. Sure some say go & some say don’t, but even with the popping noises oh it felt so good!
6. Don’t try to exercise to soon. After all, it’s probably one of the culprits that put you in this situation!
7. Don’t try to pick up 7mth old from the crib. See number 6 … I’m sure this one had something to do with it too!
8. And by all means, certainly don’t even think about picking up the 40lb 3-yr old!!! Without question this had something to do with it!
9. Make sure you put a towel under all the icepacks … one just might leak, and probably will!
10. Take advantage of it!! Make a hence or whine every now & then … you just might get out of dishes, cooking, diaper duty & so on!
But that last one I’m not speaking from experience – honest!!
For more Top Ten Tuesday Lists or to link up to one of your own, go to ohAmanda.com.